Live It 2020
Live It 2020
Dear Grant Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in the National Hunting and Fishing Day Live It! Grant. Please follow the following guidelines carefully as you fill out the grant application. Use as much detail as possible, and provide any marketing materials you are currently using to promote your event. You will receive a letter notifying you of the status of your application based on the dates listed below. We look forward to receiving your request and know that together we can continue to connect more families to the outdoors and celebrate the long-honored traditions of hunting and fishing.
- The overall goal of the Live It! Grant is to celebrate the rich heritage of hunting and fishing, to allow families to learn new outdoor skills, and to provide practical support for efforts that promote safe, responsible use of OHVs, education of the public on proper recreational land use and wildlife conservation practices, and the protection of appropriate and sustainable access to public lands.
- Grants can be submitted no earlier than September 7th, 2020.
- The application deadline is September 30th, 2020. Applications must be postmarked by this date to be considered for funding in 2020.
- NHF Day will determine awards at its sole discretion. The amounts awarded will vary depending upon the quality of application and benefit to the community. Applicants can request between $250.00 and $2,000.00.
- Only completed applications, including all required elements, will be considered by the review committee. NHF Day reserves the right to deny any request for any reason.
- Organizations can only receive one grant per calendar year. Applicants who have received funding in the past are not eligible if they did not complete the completion report (see #11) as required for each grant.
- All events must be hosted in September, October, or November, of 2020. Applicants should carefully consider how National Hunting and Fishing Day will be included in the funded project.
- Applicants are required to contact their local Yamaha Motor Sports Dealership and offer them a chance to participate in the event. Click HERE to find a dealer near you.
- Partnerships are essential to successful events, so applicants are encouraged to contact other conservation organizations in their community to get involved. NHF Day sponsor organizations that might have local stores or chapters in the area are: Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation, Ducks Unlimited, Izaak Walton League of America, National Rifle Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, and Yamaha. The participation of these groups is not guaranteed.
- All grant recipients must be willing to promote increased access to hunting and fishing areas through materials provided by NHF Day.
- LIVE IT! Grant recipients will be required to make a quick 20 second “Thank You” video to Yamaha and NHF Day/WOW for their grant to include some footage of the event signage etc. The grant recipients will post the videos on social media tagging @YamahaOutdoors and @NHFDay
- Every grant recipient is required to provide a 1-page completion report on the event. The final summary is to include an accounting of expenditures, media placements and/or other accomplishments and pictures from the event. All reports and photos will be used by NHF Day for marketing and/or evaluation of the project's overall success.
- The following are examples of appropriate events for the NHF Day Live It! Grant:
- Fishing derby
- Outdoor event
- Hunting expo
- Fishing expo
- Hunting events for kids
- Qualified purchases related to the events include:
- Equipment rental for event (examples include tables, tents, porta potties and chairs)
- Marketing of event (printing of flyers and posters)
- Outdoor equipment (examples include: fishing poles, bait, archery targets, tents and shot gun shells)
- While all completed applications will be considered, a lower priority is placed upon funding the following activities and requests:
- Staff salaries
- Purchases not related directly to running the event
Take the Pledge
Pledge to take someone hunting, fishing or target shooting, and you’ll be entered to win a trip to America’s Conservation Capital in Springfield, Missouri where you’ll get the ultimate VIP experience at Wonders of Wildlife and go on a shopping spree at Bass Pro Shops’ National Headquarters to stock up on new gear for your next outdoor adventure.